Well, I had plans to update my 50 mile progress, but alas the Mohican State Forest is decidedly off the map when it comes to cellular service. But hey, that’s why we run ultras, right?
So I’m an ultrarunner now, Interwebz!
A long hard slog of a 50 miler is in the books. I walked about 70-80% of the last 12 miles. I had trashed my quads so thoroughly that I could not muster up the strength to run. Every few minutes, I’d make myself run, just to keep those muscles somewhat active. Finish time 14:30
Man, I was not at all envious of those 100 milers heading back out for laps 3 and 4.
I drank that beer in my hand (Thanks Great Lakes Brewery) and ate a burger that my cousin had grilled and then I fell down. I slept surprisingly well. Got up to eat the runner breaky and watch some of 100 milers coming in.
What a fantastic day and a transcendent experience. It changes a runner to go that kind of distance.
Happy Father’s Day to all you Daddios. My best Father’s Day present is my lovely sweet family.
18 Notes/ Hide
- onefitmama likes this
- conchfritters likes this
- the-xanadu likes this
- ladycalmfidence likes this
- crave-life-and-adventure likes this
- xsparkswillflyx likes this
- shortmom said: Way to go!!!!!!
- shortmom likes this
- keepgoinggreen likes this
- karikeepsrunning likes this
- karikeepsrunning said: Congrats!!!! And you look great for having just ran 50 miles! ;) Happy Father’s day :)
- lifewithkim said: Congrats!!!
- lifewithkim likes this
- run-j-m-c likes this
- brownfamilyfarm posted this